This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubt with CMMI levels
Question 
Hello people,

I am currently working on a project for a client, and I am using this amazing framework to improve their capabilities. I am encountering a doubt regarding CMMI levels and I don't finish to understand: Why this levels appear only in Services section (1-Security Monitoring, 2-Security Incident Management, 3-Security Analysis & Forensics ...) from scratch and what is the purpose of them? I mean, I know that it is explained in the Introduction section but apart from that, they appear from a blank document before start covering it, and they don't change if I modify some values; it is like they don't change its value unless I manually modify them.

Moreover, why they go from a gradient format? Let me explain myself, for example, In Security Monitoring (point number 1.2.1 (Key performance indicators)) it starts form CMMI level 2 and it finishes in point number 1.2.11 (service roles & responsibilities) in CMM level 3. Does it mean I can modify myself or it is just a reference value?

Could anyone explain me that? I would really appreciate it! Wink

Thank you so much mates,
AFS
Hi AFS,

THank you for raising this question. The CMMi levels are meant as a reference value. The CMMi for services was used (together with other models) in the initial version of the SOC-CMM. They are not actively used in calaculations, but merely to indicate how that activity would align to CMMi levels (CMMi for services).

In a way, this is a legacy reference from the thesis project. I will reconsider if I still feel this has any added value. If not, it will be removed in the next version.

With kind regards,
Rob van Os